Our world is going through some of the most troubling times in the recent past. With an uncertain present and future, it is the need of the hour to protect and preserve our planet and its invaluable resources dearly! This is why a majority of global organizations and corporations are looking forward to sustainable living and seeking eco-friendly alternatives. Hence any person can contribute to make our planet a greener and better place to live for us and future generations. All it takes is a large heart, genuine willingness, and some awareness to swap our existing resources with their eco-friendly alternatives. Hence let us start this change from the heart of our household, which is our very own kitchen!
Here are some of the appliances, which we can swap for planet-friendly and nature-loving equivalents.
- Electric Kettle: Make sure to have an electric kettle, as these are energy efficient, with a measuring scale, and can switches-off automatically with temperature control feature. This way, we can boil water only what is required, till the required level of temperature, and prevent unnecessarily prolonged boiling of water.
- Coffee maker: The market today is flooded with efficient coffee makers. Yet, finding the perfect one can still be a herculean task. But, not now. we can visit any online portal to buy an efficient coffee maker.
- Toaster: It helps to pick a toaster that is energy efficient, which doesn’t have unrealistically long bread slots, toasts just two slices at a time, has a good temperature control feature, and does not overheat the bread.
- Blender: Keeping a blender that does not consume too much energy or wattage to process the ingredients will be the best choice or the best bet to have in the kitchen. It is necessary to maintain your appliances well and replace or if necessary fix electrical gadgets as and when required.
- Rice cooker: Pick the one that actually meets your daily need and is sufficiently large to feed all your family members. It must have a stainless steel bowl, as the one with Teflon contains harmful chemicals.
- Induction cooktop: This appliance is the most energy-efficient that cooks food via electromagnetic induction heat. So, the food heats up only when a utensil is placed over the cooktop, which saves much electrical energy. Here you must remember to choose the one with auto-switch mode and which can also control the cooking temperature.
- Dishwasher: This is one appliance that must be energy-efficient, as dishwashers tend to consume a lot of water and electricity. Being an appliance of regular use, you must pick one that runs on less power and water, without compromising on the quality of the job.
- Refrigerators: As per the newest norms, all refrigerators must have energy stars to reflect their energy efficiency. The appliance with more number stars is energy efficient and consumes lesser electricity to run. Refrigerators must not give out CFC and HFC (chlorofluorocarbon and hydrofluorocarbon). These gases actively destroy the precious ozone layer in the Earth’s atmosphere.
- Frying pans: Pans and pots are the main frontline workers of our kitchen. It is practically impossible to arrange a meal without using one of these. One must avoid getting pots and pans with Teflon coating as it contains carcinogens and environmental offenders PFOA and PFC. Cast iron, stainless steel, stoneware, and enamel-coated pots and pans are eco-friendly alternatives that one can consider.
- Electric oven: There are several electric ovens available in the market that claim to cook better with lesser power. But one must invest in the one with multiple cooking modes to prevent hoarding of various electrical appliances, Also it should use lesser power to get the desired results, and with an efficient temperature control feature.
Hence this blog gave an overall view of the eco-friendly kitchen appliances that are used for modern Indian homes